I don't know why you say goodbye...

Yesterday I woke up at 3:48am to drive Dr. P to the airport. If I’m being honest, I was being extremely magnanimous. I didn't want to get up, I didn't want to drive him, and I certainly did not want him to actually get on the flight to New Mexico. He'll be away for about two months (here he would have me clarify that it's actually only 7 weeks), first in Indian Country, and then to the country India. I know that I should be excited for him, (and I am) but I hate goodbyes. One of the reasons they are so hard for me is that I'm horrible at keeping in touch with people, it was one of the main motivating factors behind starting this blog! It's an awful characteristic, in fact, I think it's the worst thing about me. So in the days leading up to (and months following) my adieu to my beau, I'm trying to follow the wisdom of my fathers when they rallied round the cry of "I don't know why you say goodbye, I say HELLO!"

In the spirit of the season (and the Beatles) I'm going to look for opportunities to spread cheer and say hello. Hello to old friends, new activities, and maybe even a little time alone. I'm going to sat hello to STATA, and Santa, and the 100 Push-up challenge. And hopefully, if you're one of those I love dearly, but have been neglecting, I'll say hello to you too (and not just though our blog :).


So Hello Friends!



Helloooo Coco Sala!


Goodbye Dr. P!!


i miss you!