Home on the range

Last week I went to visit my first love. No I don't mean Dr. P (though he was there too), I'm talking about the American West.
I felt so lucky to share a glorious looooong weekend with my other love (yes, this time I am talking about Dr. P). We had four days of hiking and driving through Four-corners, which in my humble opinion is one of the most beautiful corners of the earth. We went to:
· Shiprock, NM where I got to see the hospital Dr P’s working at, and taste some (truly awful) American Indian food. 
· Mesa Verde, CO, and marvel at the ingenuity and resilience of early Coloradans (we are very much alike in that way).
· Moab, UT, which was so beautiful I hardly have words for it.
AND
· Grand Canyon, AZ which was truly awesome (in the purest sense of the word).
And now that I am home in DC I feel very lucky to know I’ll be headed back to my real home, my soul’s home out west in two short weeks!