Hoo Rah!

it's Dr. P's BIRTHDAY!

Fact: I really like Dr. P's birthday.

It's a strange thing to say, but it's true. I like it because it gives people an excuse to celebrate my wonderful (but modest) man friend. But I really like it because it was also my wonderful Great Grandma D's birthday. Grandma D was born in 1902 and lived with us for 10 years while I was growing up. She was a feisty lady, who lived to see so much of what fills today's history books. She also always had a way of making me feel loved and lovely, even when I was a moody teenager with gold braces and hair that was 3 feet long.

I love that these two people I hold so dear, but who were never able to meet, have this date in common. There are several people in my life who just missed their chance to get to know each other, so it's nice to find these little connections. And you know what? I think Grandma D and Dr. P would have gotten along quite nicely.