Go Green!

Now, I'm no football fan, but I do love a good Cinderella story, so, huzzah for happy endings! And even though I wasn't watching the big game last night, we did have lots of good company for a yummy meal that just happened to be an appropos shade of victorious green.


Check out these adorable vintage Packers -- I think I'm in love!
Green Green Butter


2 sticks butter, softened

1 large bunch parsley

a handful of spinach

1/2 cup green Greek olives (pitted)

zest of one whole lemon

juice of one half lemon

Kosher salt

fresh ground black pepper

Put it all in a VitaMix or food processor and whirl until smooth and very green. It is so bright and fresh and tangy in the most delicious way. We stirred about 1/3 of this into 2 lbs of steaming orzo mixed with 2 lbs of baby spinach and 14 oz good feta (I'm a big fan of Dodoni), then put the rest on the table to dollop on roasted tilapia and balsamic glazed carrots. The leftovers, (pictured below. Apparently, Fast Sunday appetites are not conducive to laborious pre-meal foodie glamour shots -- Sorry!), would be delicious on everything from zucchini to shrimp to turkey sandwiches to cardboard.