Say a little prayer for ... well... me.


There was a time when I felt sheepish asking for the prayers and help of others.  I was one of the people who did the praying and did the helping.  I was one of those rare souls who had an uncanny ability to buoy people up and never drag people down.

Or so I thought.

In one of the Universe's "teaching moments," my situation changed. My medical prognosis changed from totally healthy to freakishly ill and I needed people.  A lot.  This all climaxed just about two years ago when I received a bilateral lung transplant.

It's been an incredible two years with tremendous highs and lows that defied my very active imagination.  And now, just as some major events in my life are imminent -- from marriage to big debuts and world travel -- it seems like my body and my lungs are just having a hard time getting along or something.

Thankfully, I have an amazing family and amazing friends who are helping me with everything from moving to meals. So I am asking for the only thing that's left:  For your prayers.  It is easy to forget how fragile our lives are so I ask you one more thing: let the people you love know that you love them.  Because no matter how many prayers are said, at the end of it all, it is the love we share that will carry us forward.