A Recipe in Absentia

What are two things that make people happy? Just pick two, totally random things that are guaranteed to make everyone smile. . . . . . Cake and Rainbows you say? Why, what excellent choices! Those two things make me very happy indeed! Can you imagine how happiness-inducing it would be to mix those two things together? Let's try it!


A cake rainbow! . . . I'll admit it, that's not quite as rapturous as I was hoping. Imma try to switch it around --

RAINBOW CAKE! WOW! SO HAPPY! <-- I am that.

rainbow cake rainbow = positively euphoric

Hit the jump for the color-wheel-munchie deets (also, check out our mad-rad giveaway):

Here's how you do it:

Prepare white cake batter
Split into 6 parts
Color (some prefer pigment, but I use the cheap liquid stuff from the supermarket)


Pour into a cake pan, one color on top of another, like so:

Instead of greasing the pan and flouring it, I always grease and sugar it. . . much more delicious.

Then, bake,

frost and sprinkle,


anticipate,

and taste the mother-fishing rainbow.