Friday

Sometimes I do things just to make you jealous. . . I'm sorry.


The Dessert Table
(needless to say, we made/I ate these first)

Pumkin Pie with Rummed Hazelnut Cream : Salted Pecan Pie : Ginger Snap and Coconut Pumpkin Tart : Apple Cheddar Galette : Apple Praline Pie : Pumpkin Pie : Parmesan Pumpkin Pine-nut Focaccia (not dessert, but color coordinated)
*Not pictured: Spiced Cheesecake : Pear Cakelettes

The Prelude
(worth the tummy space?)

French Brie : Aged White Cheddar : Smoked Gouda : Cranberry Stilton

.
The Main Event
(my belly still hurts)

Mashed Potatoes : Vegetable Gravy : Cornbread and Yam Shepard's Pie : Salsa Colorado : Red Wine Braised Brussel Sprouts : Carrot Souffle : Creamed Sweet Potatoes with Candied Pecan Crust : Stuffing : Cilantro and Rocket Salad : Cranberry Sauce : Salt-Seared Tofu with Cloudberry (yes, cloudberry) Reduction : Kale : Roasted Beets with Balsamic Butter and Chevre : Hard-crusted Nut Bread
*Not pictured: Root Beer Braised Turkey








.
.
Leftovers, anyone?

8 comments:

  1. The gluttony. The beauty. The pain. The transcendent joy. Which I first wrote as hoy. which I think is funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The snozberries taste like snozberries!"
    "Snozberry!? Who ever heard of a snozberry!?"
    "We are the music makers,
    And we are the dreamers of dreams,
    Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
    And sitting by desolate streams;—
    World-losers and world-forsakers,
    On whom the pale moon gleams:
    Yet we are the movers and shakers
    Of the world for ever, it seems."

    He he he... I had to find that quote after reading the cloudberry bit. Just had to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First. I am dizzy with dismay that I missed this feast for belly and all senses with my delightful sisters, Momo, and assorted male persons of whom I am also fond. I love and miss you allll just terribly much!

    Also. That Willy Wonka quote just made my whole entire day. Love it. Love y'all more. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This feast looks so delicious. Would love for you to share this with us over at foodepix.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any chance that you'd be willing to put up a menu for a vegetarian Hanukkah meal? We're good cooks, but we sometimes lack inspiration. It seems you have inspiration aplenty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can testify that even the re-heated leftovers were divine...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that idea Craig! I'll put it on the FIVE agenda.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...