With Love, From A Storm Drain: A Story of Gratitude

Mr. Two and I drove about 7 hours from Cleveland to DC tonight.  We got home about an hour and a half ago.  It was rainy and cold the whole way, but we made it.  When we did, the parking spaces were full, so we pulled up at the end of the block.  As Mr. Two remembers it, he was about to open the door of the car and noticed the sewage drain was right behind him.

"Hmmm..." he thought to himself, "I hope nothing falls out of the car door."  With that, he opened the door.  Why, I still don't know.

Sure enough, a $500 piece of medical equipment tumbled out of the car and down the sewage drain.  No joke.  I had no idea what happened, but when he gave me an extremely cute and sheepish look, I knew it couldn't be good.

But Mr. Two was undeterred.  He stuck his two fingers inside of the very heavy covering to the the man hole, opened it up, found a pole, attached a hanger to it and though it took close to an hour, fished the little suitcase filled with my medical machine out.  With some bleach, it should be good as new.