Carpe Diem


It was a glorious day in DC. It was one of those walk/eat/bike/dance/sing/read/knit/take-your-whole-darn-class-outside kind of days. It was a day where productivity ought to be considered a sin. And yet, for better or worse I was stuck transgressing the rules of frivolity as I remained tucked away in my office, dutifully typing away. I didn't take the time to look out my window, and the notion, the wish to wander didn't even enter my head. By the time I headed home it was twilight, and it finally struck me what I had missed. Unseasonable warmth in the middle of DC's gloomy winter *le sigh*...

Sweet Dr. P scooped me up from work, and as I moaned about missing out, he reminded me that even as evening approaches there is time and opportunity to carpe your diem. To pick yourself up and change your predicament. Perhaps I had lost the daylight, but the air was still warm, and the company was more than willing. I tend to resign myself to the powers that be. But Dr. P was right. This was a take charge moment. So I grabbed life by the reigns, and called to the horses named Destiny and Fate saying "Forward steeds! Chase the daylight!! And on your way, stop by Thomas Sweet for some ice cream."

And as I sipped my hazelnut praline milkshake, I didn't feel like I had missed out after all...






Tomorrow it's supposed to rain. I think it might be a perfect day for friends and ice cream too.