Kale to the Chief

Does anyone belong to a CSA? Right now, I don't -- mostly because I was otherwise occupied when I would have had to sign up, but whatever -- but I used to.  Just about this time of year, I would start receiving load and loads of green leafy things that I had never known existed outside the hallowed halls of raw bars in New York City, Boulder, Colorado and Seattle, WA.  Suddenly, my fridge was filled to overflowing with rainbow chard, daikon radishes, mustard greens and kale.  Oh, the kale.  I always seemed to get a triply generous portion of it.  So I had to figure out how to use the stuff.  I found this recipe for Kale Chips on epicurious.com  which I love.  But one night, at dinner in Brooklyn at The Farm on Adderley, I found my muse.  A raw kale salad that seemed to have almost equal parts kale and parmesan cheese.  It was SO good. The truth is, cover almost anything with copious quantities of parmesan and it will be delicious.  But that's beside the point.  The point is the salad.  So here it is, for your July 4th BBQ or potluck...

Two's Kale Salad

{photo via}
1 large fennel bulb
1 lb. kale
1 cup lemon juice
2/3 cup olive oil
1 cup crumbled parmesan cheese

Wash your kale and fennel bulb.  Dry.  Remove Kale from the stalks.  Chiffonade Kale leaves and fennel bulb.  Place into a LARGE bowl (make sure it's big enough, or you won't be able to toss the salad.  Add lemon juice and olive oil.  Toss.  Right before you serve, toss with cheese.  Serve yourself some or you might not get any.  Serve about 10 people graciously.
     
What are your favorite Kale recipes?