Seven Semites Snack on Sprout Slaw near the Sea Shore

My sweet husband and I have been on our own little exodus from the clutches of Hurricane Sandy to sandy beaches of LA (more pictures on that one soon!) for some projects I've been working on. It so happens that a number of my man's best friends from childhood have created their own little Long Island on the west coast. Sunday night, we all got together and had a fantastic dinner. My contribution was a Garlic Brussels sprout slaw, which was good enough that I want to share the recipe with you. So here it is!

15-20 fresh Brussels Sprouts
4 large cloves garlic
1/4 cup Whole gran Mustard
1/4 apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup apple cider or juice
1/4 cup toasted and chopped pecans
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp mustard seeds
Salt and pepper to taste

After cleaning, finely shred raw sprouts and thinly slice garlic. Heat pan and add garlic. When it begins to brown, add shredded sprouts and saute. Add juice and let sit for 2 to 3 minutes, until the liquid is absorbed and remove from heat. Meanwhile, mix mustard, aioli, mustard seeds, honey, oil and vinegar.  Toss with sprout slaw and garnish with roasted pecans.