X marks the Talk


It's been a month of TEDxing. First, for a big, brilliantly produced conference at Sydney Harmon Hall and just this weekend, as part of TEDxYouthDay in San Diego, California. I was totally stressed out. From my choosing my outfit (which my friends helped me do -- thank you instagramers and tweeple) to what I was going to say, to the sweet makeup artist ironing my shirt with a flat iron, it was all very overwhelming and exciting. But once I got there, it was fantastic. The kids were amazing -- so enthusiastic, kind and helpful. The other speakers touched my heart -- the man who started my session off is the go-to guy on evolution in 3-D printing of organs and another guy who should have been paralyzed from his chest down, walked onto stage, with canes. It was pretty great. When I went out and sang my aria, the crowd went wild. We talked about working together to make our dreams come true and three standing ovations later, I was blushing. It was a wonderful day and I was so happy to be there. Now it's back to work, but I just wanted to say thank you to all of my new friends in The Mid Atlantic, San Deigo and all of the old ones who were there supporting me.