A Day in the Sun


Premal and I sneaked away to Florida for a quick 24 hours over the weekend. Rohan, my brother in-law, is in his first year of medical school near Tampa, and we wanted to be there to cheer him on at his white coat ceremony (the allure of a brief escape from the frigid north we call home had nothing to do with our decision).

The trip was short, but we packed it to capacity. There was the ceremony, a trip to the beach and an art fair, walks around Tampa and Sarasota, we caught some live music, watched the sunset (and rise) over the ocean, and of course, a lot of great food. Oh! I almost forgot that we even managed to squeeze in a couple of overs at a pick-up cricket match. Dreamy.


In fact it was so dreamy that I was hit by a sfit of inspiration during my time in the sun. And so, I give you, my

TOP 5 Vitamin D Binge Induced 
(perhaps obvious, but seemed groundbreaking at the moment) 
Revelations:


1) Cricket is my kind of sportPremal looks preeeeeeeetty fine when he bowls, and they have tea breaks, and Americans think I'm fancy when I know stuff about the sport. WIN.



2) All of the stereotypes regarding retirees in Florida are 100% true. Never before have I seen so many saucy septuagenarians


3) My brother in-law has never had a sister, so I get to spend all my time with him making up for his 23-years of sad sisterless-ness. So much unsolicited advice regarding fashion/girls, so little time!



4) Trips to warmer climates in the dead of winter are amazing.



5) 24-hours is totally enough time for a micro-vacation, so if you're hankering for one, just go for it!