It might be blaspheme, but my favorite ice cream at the moment is vegan

If anyone read my post last week, I was bemoaning a number of things having to do with women, our bodies and why we hate on them. I'm not one who likes to feel helpless, so I changed to a "summer menu." I incorporated a lot of raw veggies, fruits, grains and nuts and then when I feel so moved, I eat whatever is making its way towards my mouth. Not particularly scientific, but I'm liking it.

But unless you're in a serious Sunshine State, April and early May aren't great for produce. It's too hot for the winter veggies and berry season hasn't quite started. So perusing out local grocery stores, I was struck by piles of beautiful bananas. This is how I've been eating them. You can serve it as a dessert or eat it as a meal. Practically any dessert I can reasonably eat as a meal makes me very happy.

Pictured left to right, Gingered Banapracotnut: Apricot, Ginger and hazlenuts; Nutty ChocoCherry: Cocoa Nibs, Dried 
Cherries, Hazlenuts; Coco Covered Blueberry Cobbler: Dried blueberries, coco nibs, almonds  
Charity's Banana Revelation

Serves one for a meal or four for dessert. Makes about 2 cups.

2 medium sized frozen bananas
3 large ice cubes
3 tbsp nuts
1 cup almond milk, regular milk, water 
or liquid you want to eat with bananas
Add ins, totaling an 8th to a 1/4 cup, depending on your tastes. 

Prepare add ins by chopping into smaller pieces. Place bananas in blender. Add ice cubes, 3 tbsp. nuts and whatever milky thing you want. Blend til smooth and creamy. Serve a spoon full at a time, placing mix ins in between layers of banana cream mixture. Eat immediately.

In addition to the add ins pictured above, here are some other's to try: 
ChocoNanaNut: Peanuts, Cocoa nibs
Tropical: Dried coconut, pineapple, macadamia nuts
Ferrero Roche: Coco Nibs and Hazlenuts

What's your favorite kind of ice cream or your favorite add in?