Chautauqua

As I prepare to serve a mission for my church (I leave in 27 days!), I've been spending lots of time with some of my very favorite people in my very favorite place. No matter how many places I live or visit, Colorado will always be the tops! It's wonderful in the winter, but it's just as charming in the summer. Copious quantities of wildflowers, outdoor festivals, good food, good dogs, and loads of good places to hike make it really hard to want to be anywhere else. A few weeks ago, Tom's brother and sister-in-law were in town so we all took a day trip to Boulder. We started with lunch here (so beautiful and so delicious!), and then roamed Pearl Street for a while. We had a little time to kill, so I suggested we drive over to the Chautauqua. I hadn't been for a looong time, but I remembered liking it. 

It was gorgeous - much more spectacular than I had remembered. The perfect place for an afternoon jaunt. Really just dreamy. 

Oh, Colorado! Every time I come home, I fall in love all over again.
^^^^^Wild Irises^^^^^
^^^^Sadly we didn't see anything bigger than a rabbit^^^^^
^^^^Bluebells & Dandelions^^^^
^^^^Bliss^^^^
I love you, Colorful Colorado! I'm not really looking forward to saying goodbye in a month....