Just maybe the best worst first date story ever ... ... ...

I was jet lagged. I'd arrived from Tel Aviv that morning and I was on a date with this really nice guy but I knew nothing would come of it.

We went to dinner and I was ready to go home. I told him this, but he insisted we go out for dessert. It was good. I actually recommend the place. After a few bites, I had to stop. A combination of temperamental medications and sleep deprivation had done a number on my little tummy. I asked for a top and I put in in a bag with the rest of my left overs.

I was really ready to leave, so we went in search of a metro. I thought it was a little cheap of him not to grab a cab, but whatever. We walked and walked and walked. Soon, it seemed like we were going in circles ... ... ... because we were. I realized while very nice, this guy was from the suburbs and had no idea where he was going. If we were going to take the subway, I was going to be the one to find it.

He promised me again he knew where it was and at this point, I'd had enough. I stopped in the middle of the sidewalk and explained that he was a great guy, I liked him a lot but we were different religions, we had different priorities and different ideas of what life was about. I knew he would be very successful and happy, but I was certain there was no future for him and me. Which for some reason, inspired him to kiss me. And it was amazing... ... ...

Until I realized I was going to throw up ... ... ...

Which I did ... ... ...

Into my little doggie bag... ... ...

And I was certain I would never see him again, but it made for a great story.

This week is the 5th anniversary of that date and now, we're happily married.

Just goes to show, sometimes going in with no expectations is the best way to build something -- vomit and all.