Why Christmas is the worst time of year to have a baby... Unless you're Mary.



Discussion of Christmas consumerism is everywhere right now. Maybe it's because I don't have kids or maybe it's because I don't watch regular TV. Maybe it's because I have been so distracted by my work, I haven't had time to bask in the capitalist pageant that Christmas has supposedly become. But right now, as I sit here with Yoni and look at family pictures, that's not the part of Christmas I'm feeling. I'm pretty into Jesus all year long and while I love all of the songs and celebrations of His birth, I'm into that stuff for most of the year. I'm just SO grateful to be alive. Two years ago, that seemed like a very distant hope. Because of my family's tireless care, my doctors and nurses top flight work, because of countless prayers offered and my donor family's generosity it is a very present reality. So on this joyous eve of Christmas, I want to say two things:

1. Happy birthday Corban. I am sorry for the many times my medical craziness has high-jacked your birthday celebration today which I have done yet again by writing a post reminding everyone that on your birthday, that is what I am thinking about; 

and 

2. Thank you. Thank you so very much for your love, your support and your kindness to me and my family over the past years. 

Wishing you warmth, love and joy this holiday season!

PS. All birthday wishes for Corban are welcome. He is really great. Since either Jesus, Santa or I usually trump his celebration card, I think he deserves extra love. Also... in case you're wondering ... Corban really loves Jesus... and Narae, who he is married to. They're pretty much his favorite people in the Universe. 

Happy Birthday Jesus ... and Corban!