Bronco Bites part deux

We TDs are not particularly athletic. In fact, as a very young child, I told my mom my coach had cancer to get out of playing soccer (she discovered my deception after sending soup, the dear lady). And yet, despite our distaste for "the game" we are a fiercely competitive bunch. We'll hoot and holler and tussle over almost any competition we can devise. Cheeks bleed after a couple rounds of chubby-bunny, and don't get me started on the horror that ensues when board games are brought into the mix.

And so, armed with this knowledge, Charity threw down the gauntlet, and challenged us to a color-coded, game-day tournament. A culinary clash, with rivals engaging in comestible warfare. A Super-Supper-Bowl if you will. And so, miz. Sunshine, I see your punkin-dumplins, and I raise you PUDDING (with balls--like footballs, but more smaller and roundish, but I still deserve points for the balls).



Peyton's Puddin Smack-down
(Coconut tapioca with apricot sauce and blueberry compote)

Peyton Puddin (sweet and smooth, just like our guy)
1/3 c. small pearl tapioca
1½ c. coconut milk
1 c. whole milk
1 egg yolk
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 t. salt
1 t. vanilla extract (or seeds from 1 in. vanilla bean segment)

Add milks and pearls to a medium saucepan and let soak for 45 min to an hour. Stir in the remainder of the ingredients and cook over medium heat until pudding reaches thee texture of thick gravy (about 15 min). Pour into serving dishes, and chill.

Manhattan Apricot sauce (like New Jersey, but better?)
1/3 c. apricot spread or sauce (I used this stuff , but trader joe's has awesome apricot sauce too)
1 T. rye whiskey
1 t. sweet vermouth
1 dash rhubarb bitters

Mix well.

Sour Grapes Blueberries(?) Compote (Richard Sherman, I'm lookin at you)*
1/2 c. frozen blueberries
1 t. lime juice

Toss and let sit on the counter for 40 min. (Alternatively, microwave it for 40 seconds.)
  

*I definitely deserve extra points for knowing stuff about sports. definitely.