Polar Vortex, I will miss you so. Now when are you leaving again?


Most Washington winters, snow is a special occasion. This winter has been a different story. Nonetheless, each time it snows, I got outside convinced it is my last change of the season to enjoy the snow. Now the sleet and dirt flavored slurpee and ice pellets, those are a slightly different story. But even with the abundant snow this Polar Vortex has summoned, I still love the snow. So here are a few favorite tips, tricks and tails from this (past?) winter ... ... ...





Yoni figured out that if you take a picture of the snow in the dark with a flash, it looks like an amazing, disco adventure. This might be old news to you but to me, it was down right revelatory.






Noni and Yoni and I met up in NYC for a delicious slush fest. We sought refuge inside the cloisters, which inspired Noni and me to go all Gothic. (get it ... like the architecture ... ... ... I know it wasn't good, but whatever...





Yoni and I made a giant snow baby. I practiced my smothering mothering on him. He seemed to like it.




If you're looking for good snow company, Noni is pretty much top on the list. We gallivanted from the bottom to the top of Manhattan and back again. She's a fantastic spot, insightful and lovely even though she hates having pictures taken of her.