Lovenapped!

Dr. P was on call on Valentines day, and as one who isn't all that fond of the day to begin with, I was more than happy to volunteer to babysit so Mr. and Mrs. One could have a much needed romantic night out.

But lucky me, Dr. P really enjoys opportunities to demonstrate his love for me! (barf, I know :-) He took me captive and carried (or bussed) me across state lines to go see Iphigénie en Tauride live at the Met in New York! It was so sweet and so unexpected for sooo many reasons including (but not limited to)
1) I love Opera, but for Dr. P it's something of a snooze (quite literally actually)
2) It's very hard to keep secrets from me (I snoop!)
3) He was indulging one of my long-standing celebrity crushes, namely Plácido Domingo.
(His voice turns my spine to jelly)


I feel so loved, and I know just how I'm going to show Dr. P how much I loved it. Next time he wants to watch football, I'm going to sit down, shut up, and order the pizza.

The beautiful light fixtures at Lincoln Center

Me: Reveling in the wonder of Plácido Domingo's voice
Dr. P: Waking from a lovely nap