Your Weekly Yumple

The darndest things happen in New York City.  Y man and I were in Eataly when I ran into -- ok, ok, I chased down, celebrity chef Jamie Oliver, aka the naked chef.  He wasn't naked, but he was very nice and we chatted about food, TED, and a number of other things for 10 or 15 minutes.  I was quite upset with Y man because after egging me on, HE DIDN"T TAKE A PICTURE!!!  Oh well...  He does many other wonderful things, so I will only hold the tiniest little grudge.  He he he.  


In the spirit of Mr. Oliver, here is a very simple recipe that is a perfect yumple for the holiday season -- it's fresh enough that it doesn't weigh you down but substantive enough to make a filling meal.  I like it better if you roast the cauliflower before with olive oil, thyme and a little sugar or honey.

1 cauliflower, roasted
2 balls fresh mozzarella
1 small whole wheat boule
Olive oil
Salt, pepper and grushed garlic (optional)

Preheat a sandwich press.  Cut bread to about 8 1/2 inch thick slices.  Press garlic and add to olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper.  Brush one side with olive oil mixture.  Cover four pieces with mustard.  Place slices of fresh mozzarella on the other 4 pieces.  Place cauliflower florets on top of cheese.  Put in sandwich press or paninni press until cheese melts.  Serve hot with butternut squash soup or something else yummy.


My consolation photo outside of Eataly