When life gives you lemons...

make that stuff gold.
In case you hadn't heard, it was Momo's birthday over the weekend.  And as The Professor was keen to point out "birthdays mean cake."  That child is wise beyond his years indeed (to be fair, I usually feel that when folks agree with me). So Sunday morning as the rest of the fam was at church, I went to my sacred space--the kitchen--and whipped up a luscious lemony bundt cake. It was divine if I do say so. I clearly missed the sunday school lesson on humility. 

Lazy Lady's Lemon Bundt
1 Box White Cake Mix
1 Box Instant Lemon Pudding
1/2 C Yogurt
1/3 C Sugar
1 C Powdered Sugar
Lots of Lemons! 

Follow the directions for making your boxed cake (mine called for 2 T vegetable oil, 3 egg whites, and 1 1/3 C water), except substitute lemon juice for half of the water (so 2/3 C in my case), also add the yogurt, pudding mix and the rind of 2 lemons to the cake batter. Bake according to box instructions (should be about 45min at 350 F).

Meanwhile... 

Combine the 1/3 c sugar with 1/3 C lemon juice, and simmer until the sugar dissolves.

When your cake is done let it cool for a few minutes in the pan before turning out onto a drying rack placed over a baking pan.  Slooooooowly pour the lemon syrup over the warm cake giving it time to absorb the sweet/sour goodness.

Just before serving mix the powdered sugar with 2 generous tablespoons of Lemon juice to create a glaze, and slap that on the cake as well.

The result will be a lemon cake so moist and delicious you'll (or at least I'll) be craving it for the rest of the week.  Enjoy!