Notes from the Missionary Training Center



Last week, after writing to you, I went to class. Our instructor was a little bummed because we were all kind of lethargic. His response: wall sitting contest - every man for himself. The record to beat was 5 minutes, and had been set by a sister missionary a few years ago. Our district is comprised of 3 elders and 3 sisters. We got in position, and I waited. My companions dropped like flies, but I knew I had to hang in there -- not just for my pride, but for the integrity of every sister missionary who has ever roamed the male encrusted halls of the MTC. Four minuted dragged by. One of the elders dropped out. At 5 minutes our soccer star elder plopped to the floor. So it was me and the 5ft tall District Leader, who resembles ridiculously happy monkey. At 8 minutes 40 seconds, I realized that the power struggle we've been in since day 1 would never end if I didn't allow him to win. So I graciously stood up and congratulated him on his hard-won victory. (I don't think I could have lasted another minute anyway...)

vbrHNE


*Note from Glorianna: Mercina sent this series of pictures on Monday. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it may show the amoeba-like self-duplication of Mormon missionaries. If you have any other ideas, please share them in the comments section below.