Sweet Revenge

I have been awakened every March 17th--for as long as I can remember--by pinches from my overly zealous brothers. In the past, it hasn't really mattered if I was wearing green or not. No amount of preparation protected me from these early morning visits attacks. So, you can imagine my surprise and delight when--this morning--as I hopped in the car to drive Momo and Five to the airport, I realized that Brother Z (who had come along for the ride) had made a critical mistake. Despite his ridiculous claims, including a declaration of innocence due to his color-blindness (diagnosed this morning by himself), he wasn't wearing anything even resembling green! This was my opportunity to exact sweet revenge--on behalf of all my sisters--for years of St. Patrick's Day harassment from our brothers. Unfortunately, because I was driving, I couldn't really get in on the action, but Five certainly could...and did. A mortal battle ensued. All Z could do was clutch my green blazer--hoping against hope that it would act as a talisman against Five's onslaught. Well, it didn't; and he was so scarred by the incident that when we got home, he refused to get out of the car. Fortunately, bribery proved to be a very effective tool. As soon as Lucky Charms and Irish Soda Bread were mentioned, Z overcame his fears and made a dash for his bedroom--where he donned appropriately pinch-proof attire. 

Here are some links to a few of my favorite St. Patrick's Day sweets:
Key Lime Bars
Irish Soda Bread

Lemon or Lime Curd Tart
Guinness Caramel Cake
(I haven't tried this one yet, but it looks ridiculously good)